2023 Conference Schedule
Thursday, October 5, 2023
2:30 p.m. Registration Opens
3:00- 6:00 p.m.
Mastering Recovery BarryLehman (Eagles Nest Room)
5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Narcan Training Randy Anderson (Hawks Ridge Room)
6:00-6:45 p.m. Prayer/Dinner
6:50-7:00 p.m. Special Guest Welcome
William C. Moyers
7:00-8:15 p.m. Keynote: Christina Dent
8:15-8:30 p.m. Break, Exhibits
8:30 p.m. Blessing
Friday, October 6, 2023
7:30 a.m. Exhibits Open
8:00-9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00-10:15 a.m. Keynote: George Wood
10:15-10:30 a.m. Break, Exhibits & Book Signing
10:30 a.m.-11:45 p.m. Breakout Session #1
1. Addiction & Science--How God Created our Brains Dr. Hamed Ekhtiari (Mallard Point Room)
2. How to Create a Recovery Friendly Congregation Sutherland, Treat, Brooks, (Cardinals Perch Rm)
3. Shepherding Our Youth: The Role of Faith Communities in the Prevention of Drug and Alcohol Abuse by Rev. Joy Gonnerman (Eagles Nest Rm)
4. Drug Policy and the Common Good Rev. ALSharp (Hawks Ridge Rm)
12:45-1:00 p.m. The State of the Center of Addiction & Faith
1:00--2:15 Movie Screening Rabbi Mark Borovitz & Harriet Rossetto
2:15-2:30 Break, Exhibits, Book signing
2:30-3:45 p.m. Breakout Sessions #2
1. Addiction & Science--How God Created our Brains Dr. Benjamin Clark (Mallard Point Room)
2. Developing Transformational Leaders for Addiction Ministry Drew Brooks (Cardinals Perch Rm)
3. Recovery Cafés: Creating Communities of Healing and Belonging Mike Schut (Eagles Nest Rm)
4. Cultural Competency, Compassion & Faith: Best Practices for Supporting BIPOC Recovery Communities
Michele Butler (Hawks Ridge Rm)
3:45-4:00 p.m. Coffee Break, Exhibits & Book Signing.
4:00-6:00 Exhibits, Free Time.
6:00-7:00 p.m. Prayer/Dinner
6:30-7:00 p.m. Story of Redemption Rev. Bohdan Vadis
7:00-8:15 p.m. Keynote: Monty Burks
8:15-8:30 p.m. Break
8.25 hour CEUs available at the reg. booth
8:30-9:00 p.m. Evening Devotional
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Please complete the conference evaluation found in your conference folder.
8:30-9:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:30-10:45 a.m. Keynote: Keaton Douglas
10:45-11:00 a.m. Break
9.5-hour CEUs available at the registration booth
11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon. Closing Worship/ Holy Communion, Rev. Greg Delaney Preaching
Have a safe trip home.